Tommaso Agnoloni – Researcher
Telefono: 055 4399666
Tommaso Agnoloni received the Master Degree in Computer Science Engineering from the University of Florence in 1998 and the Ph.D. in Systems Engineering and Computer Science in 2002 at the Computer Science Department (DSI), University of Florence.
In 2005 he joined the Italian National Research Council at the Institute of Legal Information Theory and Technologies (CNR-ITTIG), where currently he is a Researcher.
He is responsible on behalf of ITTIG-CNR for the European e-Justice project Building On ECLI on the implementation of standards for national case-law publication. He is also responsible for scientific collaborations with the Italian Senate , Ministry of Justice, Court of Cassation.
He has been involved in several national and european projects on eGovernment, eJustice, eParticipation. He is reponsible for the research module “ICT for Open Government” ICT.P08.009.004 under the project “Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining” of the ICT department of CNR.
His research interests include legal XML standards and formats, multilingual legal ontologies, semantic markup, legal thesauri, information extraction from legal texts, automatic legal document annotation, semantic web technologies for Open Government and eParticipation, network analysis in law and legal data analytics.
He is lecturer in Semantic Resources for Legal Texts Annotation at the International Summer School LEX on Legislative XML and for the joint doctoral programme LAST-JD. He his coordinator of the development and author of several software projects including xmLegesEditor an opensource visual Xml Editor for the adoption of Legal national standards (www.xmleges.org).
Currently he is involved in the implementation of open standards, annotation vocabularies and information extraction tools for the inteconnection of open legal datasets towards the creation of a linked legal data cloud.
- Tommaso Agnoloni, Ugo Pagallo (2015) “The Power Laws of the Italian Constitutional Court, and Their Relevance for Legal Scholars”, in Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications Vol. 279 pp. 1-10, IOS PRESS, Amsterdam, ISBN:978-1-61499-608-8
- Tommaso Agnoloni (2014) “Dall’informazione giuridica agli open data giuridici” in L’INFORMATICA GIURIDICA IN ITALIA. Cinquant’anni di studi, ricerche ed esperienze. (a cura di) Ginevra Peruginelli, Mario Ragona. Napoli, Esi, 2014, 700 pp.; ISBN: 978-88-495-2799-5
- Tommaso Agnoloni, Lorenzo Bacci and Maria Teresa Sagri (2014), “Legal keyword extraction and decision categorization: a case study on italian civil case law”, in Proceedings of the Workshop on Semantic Processing of Legal Texts (SPLET) held in conjuction with LREC Reykjavik, 27 May 2014, pp. 26-38, available here
- Tommaso Agnoloni, Ugo Pagallo (2014) “The Case Law of the Italian Constitutional Court between Network Theory and Philosophy of Information”, in Proceedings of Workshop on Network Analysis in Law (NaiL) held in conjuction with JURIX, Krakow (PL), 10 Dec. 2014, pp. 26-38, available here
- T. Agnoloni, E. Marinai, G. Peruginelli, D. Tiscornia, and M. T. Sagri (2013) “Annotation schema for legal doctrine: a case study on DoGi database” in JLIS.it, Italian Journal of Library, Archives, and Information Science Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 227-249, ISSN 2038-1026, available here
- Tommaso Agnoloni, Merixtell Fernandez Barrera, Maria Teresa Sagri, Daniela Tiscornia, Giulia Venturi (2010) “When a FrameNet-style knowledge description meets an ontological characterization of Fundamental Legal Concepts”, in AICOL , AI Approaches to the Complexity of Legal Systems. Vol. 6237 of the series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 93-112, Casanovas, P. Pagallo, U. Sartor, G. and Ajani, G. (eds.), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN:978-3-642-16523-8
- T. Agnoloni, D. Tiscornia (2010) “Semantic Web Standards and Ontologies for Legislative Drafting Support”, in proceedings of the Second IFIP WG 8.5 International Conference, ePart 2010, Lausanne, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 6229, pp. 184-196, Efthimios Tambouris, Ann Macintosh, Olivier Glassey (eds.) Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, ISBN:978-3-642-15157-6
- Tommaso Agnoloni, Lorenzo Bacci, Enrico Francesconi (2008) “Ontology Based Legislative Drafting: Design and Implementation of a Multilingual Knowledge Resource”, in Knowledge Engineering: Practice and Patterns. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference EKAW 2008, pp. 364-373, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Vol. 5268, A. Gangemi and J. Euenat (Eds.) Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, ISBN:978-3-642-15157-6
- Tommaso Agnoloni, Enrico Francesconi and Pierluigi Spinosa (2007) “xmLegesEditor: an OpenSource Visual XML Editor for supporting Legal National Standards”, in Proceedings of of the V Legislative XML Workshop, C. Biagioli, E. Francesconi, G. Sartor (Eds.), European Press Academic Publishing, pp. 239-251, ISBN:9788883980466
- NEWS AND EVENTS